Since my e-mail of three days ago so much has happened regarding the coronavirus issue.   I know you have all been swamped with information about this but I feel it is necessary to update you on some issues and upcoming events. 
First, the membership seminar scheduled for this Saturday, March 21 has been cancelled.  It will be scheduled for a time to be determined in the future.  Second, we have a grant management seminar scheduled for April 4 in Temple.  I have been in contact with our district foundation team and they are working diligently about conducting this event via zoom, webex or some other on-line platform. 
This is still being worked on and as soon as a definitive plan is decided on we will let you know.  Please continue to register for the event on the district website and we will let you know how it will be conducted.  I have spoken with DGE Rick Stacy and as of now the District Assembly scheduled for April 18 is still a go but this may change in the next week or so.  Information is being gathered about the viability of holding the assembly as scheduled.  Please watch for e-mails regarding this.  Finally, members of the district conference team went to Boerne today to do an additional site visit.  We met with hotel officials, including the general manager, about several issues.  At this point the district conference will be held as planned.  Our early bird registration extends thru April 1.  At that time we will see where we are on registration and reevaluate the status of the conference.  This is such a wonderful hotel and Boerne is such a beautiful town, we all hope that we can proceed with the conference as scheduled for May 1-3.  Again, please monitor your e-mails for further information.
I have received several e-mails from clubs asking advice regarding club meetings and other activities.  First of all, your Presidents and Boards know much more about your club than your District Leadership Team does.  Please trust and support your club executives to do the right thing.  As you all know spring break in some areas is this week, and in some areas will be held next week.  Several schools have extended spring break, cancelled classes.  Some colleges in our area have done the same and have decided to hold classes on-line for a period of time.  With spring break comes travel for several families.  Clubs may want to consider cancelling their meetings for the next two weeks based on this.  I know some clubs have already done this and some clubs have already conducted their meetings, board meetings and other activities via zoom or some other type of on-line platform.  The e-club regularly conducts its meetings in this format.  We have several members of our district who are proficient in this type of thing.  If your club executives want to consider this and need help, please let me know and we will try to provide you with the help you need.
This is such a fluid thing, changing by the hour.  I don’t want to bombard you with e-mail after e-mail but I do want to keep you informed about upcoming events and any changes to them as we receive more up to date information.
The health and safety of our members and our community is the highest priority.  If you are uncomfortable going to Rotary or other meetings where a number of people are present, don’t go.  If you feel sick, stay home.  Do what is best for you and your family.  We will get through this and things will eventually get back to normal.  Until then I wish Blessings to all in our Rotary family.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Jim Henry 
Rotary District 5870 Governor